I love quotes. Especially when they are made into pretty little graphics and elegantly placed on Pinterest for the world to see. So I made up some of my own quotes – 20 thoughts for how I like to live my life.
Will they make for a better mankind? Debatable at the very least, yet inspirational at the very most; as many quotes have been for me throughout the years. Here goes:
- Be the bandaid, but don’t get stuck on the wound.
- If I judged everything by the outside, my heart would never get a place on the jury.
- Give a “thank you” wave, because your middle finger only makes me want to look up.
- Hold the door. If you don’t, you’re telling God not to open another one for you.
- Smile more, because the earth couldn’t survive without sunshine.
- Don’t litter or you are trash.
- Never say to yourself, “It’s ok, just this one time,” if you want more time.
- Give a disabled person a high five, not a lowered head.
- Have an opinion. Keep it in your head if it’s spiteful. Put it on paper if it’s respectful.
- Don’t carry your heart on your sleeve in case you want to change your shirt.
- Rise above, because if you sink below, only you will drown.
- Listen with your ears, not with words coming out of your mouth.
- Pay it forward, backwards, and sideways.
- I pardon you FOR only to GIVE myself peace.
- Be kind even in the face of evil, or you will become a mirror.
- Wish for world peace, because believing in something, is something.
- The earth was here first and you were here second. So putting the earth first is the natural order of things.
- Use good manners. Please and Thank You will get you more Welcomes.
- Use your hands to make things right instead of your finger to point out what’s wrong.
- Be humble. Big heads don’t fit through windows of opportunities.
P.S. If you cite my quotes out of context, please credit me. Or pay cash. Bwahahaha. And please feel free to post your favorite quote(s) in the comments. I’d love to read them!